“We don’t grow when things are easy. We grow when we face challenges.”
Hi, I’m Michaela O’Keefe, hairstylist and educator at Revive Salon in San Diego. I’ve been a stylist since 2010, and I moved here from Wichita, Kansas in 2014. I’ve been a Revive Salon and San Diego stylist ever since! Revive is a top rated salon that is conveniently located in the middle of Mission Valley. I’m blessed to be here, and loving the work that I do.
My hair specialties are all personal favorites of mine! Balayage is the best way to get shimmering, subtle highlights throughout your hair, and sunlights give you the most natural, effortless sunkissed blonde highlights. Blonde hair speaks for itself – and there’s so many ways to play with the shades. Finally, ombre is here to stay. It’s bold, beautiful, and sure to draw attention.
I completed my professional education at Paul Mitchell the School – Wichita. I actually began my career working there as a Service Desk Coordinator in 2009. That’s how I first became knowledgeable in the logistics of the salon process, including management, inventory, and education. In 2010 I enrolled in the Accelerated Program, and I did well there. I even won a competition, which allowed me to travel to Las Vegas and participate in a 3 day hands-on training with several of Paul Mitchell’s top platform artists. I graduated in 2011, and became a Level 2 Stylist at Progressions Salon & Day Spa in Wichita, Kansas.
I serviced hair, skin, and nails at Progressions, and continued my education at the same time. I learned color techniques from experts and big names in the industry, like Randy Topham of Redken and Cherry Petenbrink of Joico. In 2014 my husband and I moved to San Diego, and I began working at Revive Salon & Spa. That’s where I’m at today, as a Stylist and Educator. My education has included specialty classes on color and blonde hair by L’Oréal Professional, men’s cutting with Barber Jair, color and cutting by TiGi, and balayage with DK McGinley. I’m also an educator myself, so I share my knowledge with other stylists.
Here’s a complete list of all of my qualifications and accomplishments thus far – I’m always adding to it, so expect to see updates!
- L’Oréal Professional World Tour Winner Portugal, 2016
- Client Janelle Nappi (wife of celebrity chef Nick Nappi) featured for wedding color & cut on Season 7 of Master Chef, 2016
- Participated in the Unite Showcase at Unite Academy with a Balayage Model, 2015
- Paul Mitchell Retail Sales Competition Winner, 2011
- American Board Certified Haircolorist
- Balayage with Pravana
- Sam Villa Cutting and Texture
- Unite Razor Cutting
- Masters Of Balayage with Ryan Weeden
- L’Oréal Professional, Unite & Baxter Product Knowledge
- L’Oréal Professional Color and Blonde Class
- Balayage with DJ McGinley L’Oréal National Artist
- Cutting Short Hair with Tab L’Oréal National Artist
- Men’s Cutting with Barber Jair
- Unite Razor Cutting with Gary Baker
- TiGi Color and Cutting
- 2015 & 2016 Energizing Summit with American Board Certified Haircolorist
- Sam Villa, Cutting and Texture
- Pravana, Vivid Colors
- Framesi, Product Knowledge and Color
- Randy Topham, Color Techniques
- Redken’s Blonde Idol
- Cherry Petenbrink, Color Techniques
- 3 day Hands-On Training in Las Vegas with Paul Mitchell top platform artists
I’m pleased to offer not just hair color and haircuts in San Diego, but also my speciality services. I’m living my dream of doing hair in San Diego, and I’m here to make your hair dreams come true!